Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Wonder Woman

The day after Thanksgiving I got up and hit the 5:00am sales. It was crazy. People were literally running through the stores, and I was sure I would be trampled at one point when they opened the doors of Wal-Mart and everyone started pushing forward. But, hey, I got some great stuff at a great price, so what are a few bumps and bruises, right? I didn't even take a nap that day (except for maybe a little one in the car - No, I wasn't driving), and then stayed up until 1:00am getting out Christmas stuff. Just call me Wonder Woman. :-)
And we didn't even spend the day sitting around, either. We went everywhere! We went and met Jessica's friend Kavika (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong, but that's my best shot. I'm sure it would help to know a little Hawaiian.) Then we went over to Whitmores for a real Mexican lunch. Sopes and Horchata and something else that involves rice and sweetened condensed milk and cinnamon that I can't remember the name - but it tasted good, so we'll just call it Yummy. Then, of course, up to Forsytheville for another Thanksgiving dinner (we were very well fed that day) and... a karaoke party! Mike makes quite the amazing Elvis, I must say. And, of course, Momma is an incredible singer. Lisa and Shawn have obviously had some practice, but the rest of us left quite a bit to be desired. We'll keep practicing for next year. :-)

2 comments:

Forsythe said...

Good for you shopping on Black Friday. I have never had the courage and lets be honest, I like sleep too much! Sorry we missed the kareoke party, sounded like fun. See you this weekend!

JaMiEj said...

Wow, you're brave. We opened our Kohl's at four AM and I guess it was complete insanity. I wouldn't know first hand tho, because I didn't dare go in... :)