Since I'm behind anyway, let's just pretend like the 4th of July and the 24th looked exactly alike. Since they mostly did.
So for both holidays, we sat and watched a parade. The kids got tons of candy, but more on the 24th.The best part of the parade was Robyn playing the cymbals with the high school band. No, you haven't lost track of time. At least not that much time. Robyn will only be in 6th grade next year. But the band was lacking a cymbals player, and since we're friends with one of the percussion players, she recruited Robyn.
But the best part of the 4th was The Field of Stars, a locally written and produced patriotic musical.
I must say that most of the play was incredibly long and boring. There were 33 songs, which was at least 20 too many.
But the feedback I got from everyone was that Jef was the best part. I'm glad the whole town agrees with me. Jef was hilarious as the King of England. He was obviously meant to be royalty. Which works for me, since if he's the king, that makes me...Emily was also in the play, and did a fabulous job of knowing all the words to all 33 songs. Of course she would forget her hat on the one night I remembered my camera, but at least it makes her easier to pick out in a picture.
Surprise!
11 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment