Monday, April 26, 2010

Birthday Girls

A couple years ago, Emily had her tonsils out right before her birthday.  She still couldn't have cake, so we cut out some Jello Jigglers, piled them up, and called them a birthday cake.  I thought it was really sad.   But I must have done a better job than I thought at saving that birthday, because this year she asked for another Jello cake.  Go figure.

So I made three pans of Jello Jigglers, and the kids "made" the cake.  I put on a little Cool Whip and the candles, and took the picture. 

 

The cake went over well, but I made a mistake on her presents. 
She asked for books, and I had her open them first.  Big mistake!   Because of course she wanted to begin reading immediately.  It wasn't that she didn't like her new outfit or her charm bracelet, but she was glad when we stopped bugging her (with more presents) and let her go read her book in peace. (Fablehaven 2 & 3, in case you were wondering.)

My mom's birthday is on the same day, and she got a brick! Actually lots of bricks.  Doesn't seem like a great present, I know, but actually she was quite thrilled.  They have a yard to put in this year, and bricks to put around a flower bed were what she really wanted.  She also got a rake.  Lucky dog!


She didn't get a Jello cake, though. Poor girl. She had to make do with a super yummy pineapple cake.

Happy Birthday, Birthday Girls!




0 comments: