I'm going to Canada!
True, I've been there before. But it was just straight north to Alberta, and I didn't do much sight-seeing while I was there.
This time Jef and I are flying to Buffalo, driving over the border, and going into Ontario to do some family history research.
I know, only a true fanatic would spend their vacation walking through cemeteries, but I am so excited, I can't even tell you.
We'll see three of the Great Lakes, Niagara Falls, some lighthouses, and hopefully some pretty fall scenery. But we'll also get to see an old family Bible owned by a distant cousin, visit graves of some great-greats, and catch a peek at records only found in Ontario archives. Am I crazy?
Maybe. But this will also be the first time I've spent more than one night completely children-free in about eight years. So call me crazy if you want to, but what other job besides mother would give you time off only once every eight years?
So it doesn't really matter where I'm going. It just matters that I'm going! Yippee!
Surprise!
11 years ago


3 comments:
You are not crazy at all. I think that sounds like a lot of fun, and way cool to be able to do some FH. I love to dig and find little bits of information. Have fun.
I am excited for you. Who is watching all your kids and when are you going? I am glad you are going you deserve a mini vacation. and that corn is creepy!
You'll love it!
Post a Comment