Saturday, September 19, 2009

Gooseberry

This week I went with Emily to Gooseberry. For those non-locals out there, that means that I spent a day and a half up in the mountains hanging out with third-graders. We got to see Smokey the Bear and Ellie the Elephant, listen to about a million Officer Friendlies, and sleep in over-heated cabins. It was tons of fun!

But mostly we got to go to a bunch of workshops and learn stuff. Important stuff, like:



ATV Safety. In case we ever own an ATV.







Fire Safety, in case we ever start a fire.










How to dance Oh Johnny Oh. In case we ever meet Johnny.







How to sit on each other's laps in a circle. Obviously a critical life skill.








We learned about different kinds of trees and what they smell like.
In case only butterscotch will do.




How to identify different kinds of animals.
No explanation needed, I'm sure.






How to throw an atlatl. In case we ever need a mammoth to eat.









How to identify different bugs in a stream.
In case the mammoth gets away.






And how to draw petroglyphs. Just in case something happens to our blog, and we want to tell everyone about our trip to Gooseberry.

5 comments:

JaMiEj said...

Ha! Loved it! Your posts are so entertaining Stef - MORE! Glad you two had fun at gooseberry! Emily looks so so cute.

Chelsi said...

Oh, Stef, you are hilarious! I love your humorous point of view. Sounds like a fun time. I was confused, at first, because we have a Goosebury down here, as well, but it's mostly for mountain bikers, I think.

Kendra said...

I thought youwere talking about that goosbury and I wondered why anybody would camp there! We go get christmas treees there and it doesn't strike me as a place to take a bunch of school kids. Leave it to us to choose the most unusual spot to get a Christmas tree!

Josie said...

Super cute post Stef. I can't figure out how you typed by the side of your pictures. I guess I am definitely a blogging beginner. It looks like it was fun, and not too cold, I hope.

Sara said...

The way you put it makes it sound like so much, um, fun...? :)