Wednesday, January 20, 2010

No School Today?


Every day I go outside and watch Cannon run the block and a half to school.  Today I watched him until he was inside the school gates, and then I went back inside.  Boy was I surprised when Cannon came back in the door a few minutes later!  He announced that there was no school today, and sat down at the computer to play a game or two.
What?
After some closer questioning, I figured out that he must have arrived at the school seconds after all the other kids went inside, because there was no kids on the playground when get got there.  And then when he tried to go inside, the doors he usually uses were locked.  Sounds like conclusive evidence that school has been canceled, right?
He really didn't believe me that school really was being held and that he should go back and try another door.  So I had to walk him over (leaving Jennie in charge at home), and take him in the other doors.  He looked genuinely surprised to see his classroom full of kids. Which just goes to show that even with the best evidence to the contrary, you should still believe your mother.  Especially if you're five.



1 comments:

Josie said...

5! I think for my kids it will be forever!!! At least I hope so! Cute Stef.