It's a good thing I take so many pictures, or else I'd never remember what's happened around here.
About a month ago was the Pinewood Derby. Ben decorated his car all by himself, and he placed second every time. Didn't matter which lane. Didn't matter whether the cars were backwards or forwards. Ben just got second every single time. Hooray for Ben!
My friends and I had been trying for months and months to get tickets to Wicked. But it turned out to be mostly impossible, as those of you in my area well know. But at the last minute a friend of a friend pulled some strings, and we got to go! We stayed at a nice Marriott (thank you, Jamie!), went to an AWESOME play, and just had a ton of fun. I have the best friends ever! Thanks guys!
Then on to a sewing project. The Young Women were going to sew skirts, and I decided that I should have some idea of how it was done before I tried to teach others. So I made a couple of skirts for the girls. After seeing other people's blogs and the amazing Easter dresses that were sewn, these skirts may not seem so impressive. But they were a big deal at our house, and I was happy with how they turned out. (Even if it did turn out that I did them both completely wrong. Oh well. They look good. :)
Easter was a crazy day for us, since it also happened to be a double birthday! My mom and Emily share a birthday, and this year it was on Easter.
So we had a fun Easter egg hunt at our house right after church, had some carrot pizza, (Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it!),
and then went up to my parents' house for a double birthday party. Actually triple, since my nephew had a birthday that week, too.
Surprise!
11 years ago


2 comments:
Oh, I've missed you! How fun to see a pic of your mom, tell her I said Hi. She was a great YW leader. Does it ever feel weird to you to BE the YW leader? Your girl's skirts are very, very cute, and Wicked sounds like so, so, so much fun!
So jealous about Wicked. *sigh*
And the skirts are SO CUTE!
Post a Comment