I know all of you have been waiting anxiously for the results of my book count. But I confess I've been reluctant to share, since I didn't quite make my goal. I was oh-so-close. But not quite there. On October 16, I finished my 60th book and was well ahead of schedule. But on October 19th everything fell apart, and I spent the next two months sleeping. Literally. I did very little else, including reading. In mid-December I woke up and started reading again, but it wasn't enough to catch me up. And so the grand total for 2009 was...
SIXTY-FOUR BOOKS
One less than last year, and two short of my goal. Darn it.
But now I want to hear how all of you did. Lisa? Sara? Katie? Anybody else? Let's hear it.
And in case you're curious, here's my list. (Yes, I realize there's too many Heyers on this list. Even the best of us get stuck in a rut sometimes. :)
Rumors - Godbersen
Westing Game - Raskin
Gone With the Wind - Mitchell
Gates of Zion - Thoens
Death of a Tsar - Marcum
Goose Girl - Hale
Lawn Boy - Paulsen
The Thief - Turner
Crown Duel - Smith
Our Sacred Honor - Carter
Magyk - Sage
Persian Pickle Club - Dallas
Running Out of Time - Haddix
Just Ella - Haddix
Persuasion - Austen
Midnighters - Westerfield
The Season - MacLean
Wish List - Colfer
Elijah of Buxton - Curtis
Blue Sword - McKinley
Weedflower - Kadohata
Posse of Princesses - Smith
The Wedding - Sparks
Spindle's End - McKinley
Squire's Tale - Morris
Safe-Keeper's Secret - Shinn
Zel - Napoli
Secrets - Devereaux
Prayers For Sale - Dallas
Times That Try Men's Souls - Carter
Around the World in 80 Days - Verne
Cotillion - Heyer
Wolves of Willoughby Chase - Aiken
When My Name was Keoko - Park
Faro's Daughter - Heyer
Arabella - Heyer
Leap of Faith - Steel
Double Identity - Haddix
Summers at Castle Auburn - Shinn
Book Thief - Zusak
DaVinci Code - Brown
These Old Shades - Heyer
Once Upon a Marigold - Ferris
Last Lecture - Pausch
Dragon Slippers - George
I Will Repay - Orczy
Frederica - Heyer
Masqueraders - Heyer
Chamber of Secrets - Rowling
Prisoner of Azkaban - Rowling
Decoy Princess - Cook
Fudge-a-Mania - Blume
Goblet of Fire - Rowling
Venetia - Heyer
Sylvester - Heyer
Order of the Phoenix - Rowling
Where Are You Now? - Clark
Grand Sophy - Heyer
Friday's Child - Heyer
Half-Blood Prince - Rowling
Black Sheep - Heyer
Beauvallet - Heyer
Inkheart - Funke
Hunger Games - Collins
Now, just because a book is listed here, doesn't mean it was a good book. Some of them were awful. But there were also some super-great ones that have become all-time favorites.
I don't know what my goal is for this next year. I'm tempted to limit myself instead of pushing for more. Surely there are other talents to explore? I don't know. We'll see.
But now I want to hear how all of you did. Lisa? Sara? Katie? Anybody else? Let's hear it.
And in case you're curious, here's my list. (Yes, I realize there's too many Heyers on this list. Even the best of us get stuck in a rut sometimes. :)
Rumors - Godbersen
Westing Game - Raskin
Gone With the Wind - Mitchell
Gates of Zion - Thoens
Death of a Tsar - Marcum
Goose Girl - Hale
Lawn Boy - Paulsen
The Thief - Turner
Crown Duel - Smith
Our Sacred Honor - Carter
Magyk - Sage
Persian Pickle Club - Dallas
Running Out of Time - Haddix
Just Ella - Haddix
Persuasion - Austen
Midnighters - Westerfield
The Season - MacLean
Wish List - Colfer
Elijah of Buxton - Curtis
Blue Sword - McKinley
Weedflower - Kadohata
Posse of Princesses - Smith
The Wedding - Sparks
Spindle's End - McKinley
Squire's Tale - Morris
Safe-Keeper's Secret - Shinn
Zel - Napoli
Secrets - Devereaux
Prayers For Sale - Dallas
Times That Try Men's Souls - Carter
Around the World in 80 Days - Verne
Cotillion - Heyer
Wolves of Willoughby Chase - Aiken
When My Name was Keoko - Park
Faro's Daughter - Heyer
Arabella - Heyer
Leap of Faith - Steel
Double Identity - Haddix
Summers at Castle Auburn - Shinn
Book Thief - Zusak
DaVinci Code - Brown
These Old Shades - Heyer
Once Upon a Marigold - Ferris
Last Lecture - Pausch
Dragon Slippers - George
I Will Repay - Orczy
Frederica - Heyer
Masqueraders - Heyer
Chamber of Secrets - Rowling
Prisoner of Azkaban - Rowling
Decoy Princess - Cook
Fudge-a-Mania - Blume
Goblet of Fire - Rowling
Venetia - Heyer
Sylvester - Heyer
Order of the Phoenix - Rowling
Where Are You Now? - Clark
Grand Sophy - Heyer
Friday's Child - Heyer
Half-Blood Prince - Rowling
Black Sheep - Heyer
Beauvallet - Heyer
Inkheart - Funke
Hunger Games - Collins
Now, just because a book is listed here, doesn't mean it was a good book. Some of them were awful. But there were also some super-great ones that have become all-time favorites.
I don't know what my goal is for this next year. I'm tempted to limit myself instead of pushing for more. Surely there are other talents to explore? I don't know. We'll see.

4 comments:
Wow, I am so impressed. I am embarrassed to say my number is less than 10! You are awesome, great job! I know give you the liberty to choose a smaller goal for next year and learn a new skill, not that you do not have enough already!
Hey Stef, very impressive list. There are also a few Haddix on there, I didn't think you liked her. Anyway, I have an idea for you. I am trying to take a picture a day of something to chronicle my life in a year - with short journaling, of course. I think you should try it. You could already be a bit behind but only 12 days! What do you think? You have encouraged me to read at least 20 books this year. There I said it, posted a number, I guess I am committed. We'll see how it goes.
Jana - didn't you do that last year? How did it go?
It sounds like a pretty good idea, actually. Thanks!
I came up with pictures for the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 10th. So I'm only missing a few. And I took one today, so there's only 344 to go! :)
Post a Comment