Just remembered that I never posted about Cannon's birthday. Poor neglected child. So here it is. At the end of February, Cannon turned SEVEN. Now, there's nothing so stunning about seven, until you start thinking that there's only one more year until he turns EIGHT. Now that is stunning.
My Georgie-Porgie is a cute little guy. He's super-good reader - one of the best in the school - and he's a sweet boy who tries to keep up with his brother in everything. He doesn't care that Ben's legs are longer, or that Ben has been going to school longer, or that Ben is just plain bigger - he still thinks he should be able to compete with Ben on Ben's level. This means that the poor kid is disappointed quite a lot. But he still keeps trying, and I'm sure that one of these days Ben will be shocked to find that Cannon has kicked his butt - in everything from foot races to times tables.
When I asked Cannon what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday, he said, "Caramel." How in the world do you make a caramel cake? So I got creative, and came up with what passed for a caramel cake. It ended up being more like pie, actually, but no one complained because it was yummy.
So, note to self: Next year save yourself a hundred bucks, and just go to the dollar store for all his gifts.

0 comments:
Post a Comment