Well, I must say that the skirt turned out much better than I thought it would. Robyn measured how long she wanted it to be, measured her waist, then cut two kind of triangle-shaped pieces. She sewed the sides together, hemmed the bottom and the top, and Voila!
OK, so maybe there was some unpicking involved.
But it turned out quite well. You can see in this picture that her hem is a little small and so the untrimmed pieces hang down. But she's been doing some trimming since then and it looks good. Crazy enough, there is no elastic, zipper, button, or anything else on the waist. It just happens to fit just snug enough to fit over her hips and then not fall down again. It's either pure sewing genius or just dumb luck. I'm betting on the second one myself, but she has other projects planned so I guess we'll see.


0 comments:
Post a Comment