What summer would be complete without a trip to California?
We caught a ride with my parents in their 15-passenger CNG-fueled van, and headed out on Saturday evening.
We arrived at Lisa's house at about 4:00am, had a few hours of sleep (all except Wil. He was done sleeping, thanks), and headed to church for Sadie's baby blessing.
It was a very neat blessing, and Shawn did a great job. Sadie, as you can see, was thrilled.
The next day we headed to this awesome spray park. It really was the coolest thing. Everyone got soaking wet, had tons of fun, but it wasn't a pool, so you didn't have to worry about anyone drowning. 


But our motto on this trip was "Water, water, more water!"
So we came home and went swimming in Lisa's pool! 


The next day we all headed to the L.A. temple, where the Irish family was sealed together for eternity.
It was a very special day, and I feel very blessed that I got to be there with them.

After the temple, everyone was hungry, so Jef found us a Vietnamese Noodle place, and we all had a bowl of Pho. It was very good, but no one appreciated it as much as Jef. He was in heaven.
And, of course, we wouldn't dream of being that close to the ocean, and not going to the beach. So we caught the last hour before sunset, and got our dose of salt water for the year. 



I am happy to say that now our summer is complete, and I am now ready for school to start.
If each picture is worth 1000 words, then this has been a summary of our trip to California in 14,291 words. Ha!
Surprise!
11 years ago

3 comments:
Yay! Happy summer guys! How about those pictures? They say a lot, don't they? And Stef your hair looks OH so cute! ;)
Stefanie, I don't know if you remember me (Kendra Smith now Johnson) but I found you while doing a little blog-stocking. Your profile said you are YW pres. I just got put in as 1st counselor two weeks ago after being in primary for 10 years. Looks like you have an awesome family! We went to CA a couple weeks ago and we had a great time too! great to "see" you!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Pho! It is one of my favorite foods - and I sorely miss the great Pho place by my house in VA. :(
What a great trip to CA!
Post a Comment