Oh, wait! There's one more essential part of summer before school starts.
The County Fair!
We were in California on the day we were supposed to submit things for the Home Arts competition, but I had a friend submit these two pictures for us anyway. I got a blue ribbon, and Jef got a red. I was glad that we submitted something because there was a pretty sad turnout this year. Hardly anything on display. So hey people! Get ready now and submit something to your County Fair next year! Help to preserve an American tradition!

On Saturday the kids and I went and spent the day at the fair. We watched a clown show, and Ben got picked out of the crowd to go hold a red ball. When the clown asked for it back, there were TWO red balls!
Immediately following the clowns was the pie eating contest! Ben got second place in the nine and under division, and got five bucks! He spent it all on rides, then went to the root beer guzzling contest, won second again, and got another five bucks to take home. What a strategy!
After the pie eating contest we went to see the guy from Reptile Adventures. That was about the coolest thing ever! He had these HUGE snakes! Pythons, Anacondas, HUGE seven, nine, eleven foot snakes!!! And he would call about five kids up, line them up, and lay the snake across their arms. The kids could barely hold them up, they were so heavy. He also had crazy mean lizards, crocodiles, and turtles (both little mean ones and giant nice ones). It was about the coolest show I've ever seen. And after the show, he had a live Ball Python which he let kids drape around their necks so moms could take pictures. Cannon was the only one of my kids who was brave enough. And look at him! He's grinning!
Then, of course, we had to wrap up the fair by spending exorbitant amounts of money on very short rides like the bounce house and the bumper boats. But what can I say? It's tradition, and I couldn't talk my kids out of it.

Surprise!
11 years ago

2 comments:
You guys are always doing something fun! I do not how you do it with 6 kiddos. What fun adventures and memories. I guess Richfeild sure knows how to have fun in the summer!
Our county fair just isn't what it used to be, and I miss it. Your photographs are beautiful! Congrats on the eating contests to Ben and your daughter looks just like you. Nobody ever says that to me (becuase it isn't true)!
Post a Comment