Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm Back!

My trip to Ontario (and upper New York) was amazing. It was so fun, so relaxing, and so great to just be me for a few days. Not that I'm not me with my children, but you forget who you used to be before you were the Mom.
I was also shocked and amazed at how much time there is in a day when there are just the two of us. Every day at 3:00, I panic because the kids are coming home from school (which means my day is over), and I haven't accomplished even half of what I needed to do.
But on this trip, the clock seemed to be slowed down, and when I saw the clock at 3:00 (Yes, some instinct tells me when 3:00 is, even in a different time zone), I would be amazed at how much we had accomplished already, and how much we could still do.
Our trip was just the right length. I had just started to miss my kids the day before we left for home, and I was glad to come home and get to work again.
I took almost 500 pictures on our trip, and I know you would love to see every one of them. But I'm going to have to limit you to just a few as I take the next few days to post the highlights. You'll have to be patient, though, because back in the presence of my six beautiful children, the clock has sped up again and the To Do list is back to its usual short-novel length. But, like everything else, I'll get around to it eventually.

1 comments:

Chelsi said...

Sounds like a great time! I'm anxious to hear the details, and I'm a little bit jealous because I would love to have some time away with my hubby. :o) Glad you had a nice trip.