Thursday, September 25, 2008

Niagara Falls

Did you know that they light up Niagara Falls at night? There are giant lights across the street, and they shine them at the falls, so they they show up in different colors. Here are blue, yellow, and rainbow. (You really should click on that blue one and view the larger image. It was my favorite.)
They even turn on all the colors at once and have a rainbow of waterfall colors. Way cool.
There is always tons of mist coming up from the falls from the water hitting the rocks at the bottom. You can pretty much get soaking wet (and we did), just from the mist in the air. From the American side of the falls, it looks like there's a giant colored cloud.Yes, we did go back and see them in the day time, but the night was my favorite. So if you ever go to Niagara Falls, I recommend seeing them in the dark.

2 comments:

Sara said...

And never ever get the bright idea to walk the entire length of the Canadian side to save $5 in parking. :)

Glad you had a good time!

Chelsi said...

Who knew they had such things happening at night--beautiful! And, I was just reminded how much I love your hair! I bet it was nice for your trip.