After a long night of putting stickers on ribbons - way back during swim season - funny things can happen. I was with a group of friends, and we were all tired. We were all hot, and we were all getting a little silly. Almost everyone had gone home, but we were still waiting for the last few stickers to put on ribbons so they could be passed out first thing in the morning.
So what do you do while you're waiting? You start daring each other to do stuff, of course. Stuff like pushing someone into the pool, or like pretending to fall in the pool. So when Mindy offered me $10, I thought sure. Why not?
So did a fabulous job of "falling" into the pool, pretending to be shocked and half drowned, and pulling my soaking wet self out.
But then my good friends said they hadn't gotten a very good picture, and could I just pose on the edge as if I were falling in so they could get a picture?
Oh sure, no problem.
Let this be a lesson to you: Never trust your friends. Especially near water. And most especially if they think they've earned $10 of entertainment out of you.
So here's a picture of me going into the pool. The second time.
Surprise!
11 years ago

3 comments:
Well at least she's pushing you in while holding a rose! That's gotta count for something! :)
This lady went around and gave roses to all the volunteers. I'm not sure why. Mine was on the table during this scene.
The funny thing is that when I came home completely soaking wet, the first thing my kids said was, "Oh, what a pretty rose!"
Whoa. I think you kinda deserved that one! Just kiddin. Sounds like you have a great group of friends. My friends would do that in a heartbeat.
Post a Comment