Well, here's the front page of the paper this week, and it turns out that the biggest news around here is Jef rolling past the Reaper office!
Jef Anderson travels along 100 West in Richfield on an all-terrain barrel Friday afternoon. The contraption, one of two built by Stacy Whitmore, is designed to operate on both land and water. Whitmore said that he and Anderson, both Richfield residents, were using the vehicles as part of an exercise class for students of Spirit Dance boarding school. "It's really good exercise," Whitmore said. "You walk backward to go forward, and you pull left to go right." Crafted primarily of a metal barrel, plywood, 2x4s, galvanized pipe, plumber's tape and parts from a child's bicycle, Whitmore said that the key to success is the axle. "Then you have something to mount the frame on," Whitmore said.
Surprise!
11 years ago

2 comments:
wow that is cool Jef! Way to go! I have never been on the front of the newspaper. Congrats!
Only in Richfield. No, I take that back. He'd probably make it on the front page of a newspaper in a city just for the sheer oddity of it. No one would believe it otherwise. :)
And I'm sure I'd manage to fall off before I even got on.
Post a Comment