Monday, October 6, 2008

Connoisseurs

Well, we may not be architectural connoisseurs, but we are definitely experienced in cemeteries.

We visited cute little ones in churchyards,
Gigantically huge ones with lakes here and there,

Very old ones which inspire rest for both the living and the dead,

And then there was this one. This one caused us to flip a U-turn on the highway and get out to take pictures, even though it was almost dark. This one was obviously inspired by a lazy lawnmower.
All the headstones are scrunched up on one big square of cement, and the cemetery is left big and open. And empty. The headstones were both old and new(ish), and the people didn't seem to be related.
Sorry, no more room in this cemetery. Our little square of headstones is full. Try the next town.

1 comments:

treen+5 said...

Haha...lazy lawn mower..I love it! Steff this is Trina from high school and Darrell too. I just ran across your blog and will be adding it to my list! Your trip is the perfect idea of a vacation for me. How fun!! I love doing geneology and historical research. Thanks for sharing!