Thursday, July 28, 2016

Annie and the Dentist

When we went to the dentist for checkups last week, he told us that the only child with cavities was Annie.  :(

So this week I had to take her back in to have them fixed.  She did awesome!  Our dentist is great, and she just laid back and watched the movie, and never had any problems.

The problems started after she was home again.  I had told her that her lip would be numb and she should be careful not to bite it, but when you're four it's hard to remember.  I've also noticed that the mouth tends to do things on its own, independent of your brain.
A couple of hours later I noticed that one side of her lip was all swollen and red.  I asked her if I could look at it, and found that she had done some major chewing on her numb lip.  Chris described it as "gory."  So I waited a couple of days before I took a picture.  The outside of her lip was red and swollen, and the inside turned that greenish color that all mouth wounds adopt. She claims that it doesn't hurt at all, but today when big chunks of skin started coming off, she was bothered. 
It's been a pretty ugly affair, but it hasn't really seemed to bother Annie.  She's one tough girl.


0 comments: