I know that my kids are getting bigger, of course. That's what kids do, after all. But I think I lose track of how much they're growing and how fast they're doing it.
Yesterday I watched some kids for a friend, and there was a little girl who was two and a half. She found a stool that she could carry, and used it to follow me around the kitchen, watching everything I did and being right in the way if possible. Between me and the bread I was kneading would be a perfect spot, for example. All of my kids have done this, but when that little girl did it, I suddenly realized that Annie hadn't done that in a while. In fact, it's probably been more than a year since she did that. How did I not notice?
What Annie does now is to steal my phone and take pictures. Selfies are best, of course, but anything that she considers noteworthy should also be caught on camera.


Sunday morning, after she had finished taking selfies while I did her hair, she decided that the shape her Cheerios made on the spoon was the coolest thing ever, and deserved a picture.

0 comments:
Post a Comment